Thursday, September 11, 2008

The mother of all updates!







Instead of putting when these events happened I am just going to pretend they happened yesterday and I am on top of it. The truth is I am wayyy behind in the blog world. That is because the real world has been busy and I have been crazy tired. So lets begin....




Take me out to the ball game...Okay I want to believe my child is gifted in many areas and I swear sports is one. What other three year old can sit and watch 3 entire innings straight in a row. I mean commenting, asking questions, and cheering the whole time. I was in awe. Maybe that is normal but I was impressed. Maggie loved running around and waving at everyone. My social child...not sure where she gets it.

The zoo.

We went to the zoo with my sister and her kids. This was the first time Daddy got to go. The big kids and the dads rode the train while the little ones played on the playground. Maggie was hilarious when she saw the zebras. She was just pointing and talking and loved them. I am under the impression that she is going to be into horses. Parker loved the giraffes and announced he is no longer afraid of camels.


First Day of Preschool


Hurricane Gustov put quite a damper on the first day of preschool to say the least. We were without power and Parker's teacher couldn't even get there. Needless to say there were no pictures with mommy on the first day. He loved it though! He is doing very well and I must compliment his behavior. For the past three weeks I have seen an enormous change in behavior. He has been so polite and sensitive towards others. He has obeyed and I have hardly had to discipline. I will write more about my discoveries on that later. This week in school they have talked about families and pets. I do wish that maybe school and church were in different places. It feels as though he is there allllll the time and he gets them confused. I guess there could be worse things but I would like him to know the difference.


Bunco

I hosted this months bunco. I am so glad I did because it was the catalyst for all the projects. I am proud to say I finished them all! I will post pics later but I finished! I love having parties at my house because the cleaning that goes on makes me feel so great when everything is done. We had a great time. I fixed roast with carrots onions and sweet potatoes. I made mashed potatoes green beans and rolls. I also made spicy corn dip and cobbler for dessert. The girls requested home cooking because they know I love to cook. It amazes me how so many people now days don't know how to cook.
I left out a ton of other things and just about all the details. It is finally documented now and I can go from here. Hopefully I will be up to doing more.

2 comments:

Mandy Kimery said...

You're kids are so cute. I love the picture of them at the ball game. I'm glad to know you're still alive. I was beginning to get concerned!

Mandy Kimery said...

I did notice that Parker was missing a tooth, and I thought it was a little early for them to be falling out on there own. Blaine is crawling now, and he loves shoes, cords, and puppy dog tails. Todd seems to forget that he can move himself about now, and he let him fall of the couch this morning! We'll be home in two weeks. We're going to be there from Sept. 24 - Oct. 4. I would love to get together while we're home. Send me your number again...I can't find it.