Monday, January 19, 2009

Best friends and baby Jonah


If I could go back in time 3 years and whisper something in someones ear it would be to my best friend Adrienne. I would say, "On January 18, 2009 you will hold Jonah Russell and he will be perfect." My best friend has been on a roller coaster ride for three years now. One that us moms that conceived relatively easily will never understand. Sunday morning I got a call from her husband that she was being admitted. In two hours I had my kids dressed and ready for church, their spend the night bag packed, arrangements with my sister made. I packed myself picked our third b/f and we were on the road to NWA. Adrienne is a true tough nut. Sometimes I think she enjoys pain. Why else would you run three miles pregnant? I think she met her match yesterday and it was called child birth! I told her in a few days she won't even remember the pain. She said she hopes not! He is absolutely perfect! Seeing that little round backside in a sleeper with his legs pulled up makes any mom skip a heart beat. As I left the hospital today to return to my own precious babies I got really sad and couldn't say goodbye. Those of you who have a true best friend...the kind where you were inseparable spirit for a good part of your life know what I mean. I have hurt for her so bad these past few years and now that he is here it stinks to not be able to be close enough to be there. As we left, her family and those that surround her on a daily basis were coming in. I have to say I was quite envious of their time. I had only a few short hours to do those best friend duties like cleaning house and making meals. All those things she did for me even in her own pain. We have cried together over drill team/cheerleading, boys, separating for college, boys ; ), we have been each others maids of honor, we have called each other practically daily for the last fifteen years of life which made yesterday so wonderful to me. Jonah is truly blessed. He was and will be prayed for and he has a mommy that wanted him so badly. Congratulations! Love you!

2 comments:

Laura Chandler said...

I have been PROFOUNDLY depressed since leaving A and J squared! This is the first time it has REALLY bothered me that they all moved away from me:( I just want to eat him he's so cute!!!!

Laura

Ashley said...

That entry was so sweet Natalie, I actually cried. What a good friend you are.

Ashley