Thursday, January 22, 2009

Speaking of cute!


Today at nap time I found Maggie in Parker's bed. She said,"night night, bubba" I said you want to sleep with Parker. " uh huh" She then points to the bookshelf and says "I uh book." Her communication blows me away. Parker could list hundreds of nouns at this age. He did not speak to communicate at her age. It was totally to list. He loved word books, so does she, but she wants to talk about the pictures. It is amazing to me. She can tell me she is hot or cold. She can tell me, "i wan down/up" She can ask me to open or close something. She even says thank you without being prompted. I have definitely seen babies more advanced them my two but I still think mine are brilliant...and being exceptionally sweet doesn't hurt either. We went to lunch the other day and ran into a girl I went to high school with. She has cerebral palsy and is slightly MR. Parker knew right away she was different and was a little scared. As soon as I introduced her to the kids he was so sweet. He told her about T-ball in the spring and I could tell it lightened her day. Or maybe it was just me being proud that he wasn't hiding behind me.

As far as communication goes with little ones...I am so excited that Maggie can tell me what she wants. I am sure in a year or so I will be wishing for a rest to her tongue. I know some ...okay most days with Parker end that way. He can ask questions that have no answer and then argue when you try your best to give him an answer that makes sense. Remind me of my pride of her vocabulary next year!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Questions with no answer and then arguing with the one you give?? Oh my goodness - YES!! We have that too. And then big long strings of questions that have no apparent end.

I like comparing how my two have began their communication too - Alan has been very different from Dale, and I can't imagine how different a little girl must be!

Molly and Kevin Strom said...

Natalie,
Your children are beautiful! I love your blog!!! i am so glad you are so happy and doing wonderful!!!