Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mexico and Hot Springs

Well Jer is off to tell Dora about Jesus! We were blessed with a paid for trip for just the two of us this year so we decided to go with our youth on their summer trips. Jer went on the Mission trip and I am going to camp. (in Daytona....suffering for the Lord) He called and sounded as excited as he gets. They drove for two days straight and arrived at 2:30 AM. ugh.
The kids and I have been spending the week with Mom. It has been wonderful. Her little place is so nice and the view is beautiful. Parker has been riding his sweet tricycle around and Maggie and I follow in the stroller. Normally I hate to be hot in the summer but on the lake it is just different. We swim for a few hours each day and make up games in the pool like I did as a kid. Maggie is a brown biscuit as my mother says. She is sooo dark...it is so cute. Parker has some strange tan lines himself with a life jacket and floaties. He won't get in the pool without them but if he has them he will do just about anything. Mom hasn't had her satellite hooked up yet so we have watched some movies on her imac. (i think that's what its called) Tonight after a dinner I gave the kids a bath. Then we danced to Mom's soul music. Parker couldn't breathe he was laughing so hard. He gets this dance face and shrugs his shoulders. He is in a stage lately where everything I say he asks why afterwards. It drives me batty! We have been practicing if I tell him something to do instead of saying why he says yes mam. He get confused with his script though cause I'll tell him something to do and then I'll ask, "What do you say?" He'll say, I'm sorry or please. Mom bought him a puzzle to do and after every correct piece he claps and cheers....its a 60 piece puzzle....lots of cheering. Maggie has entered the finicky eating stage. She loved vegis at first and now she won't touch them. I am so upset. I am so torn on how to handle their eating. I want to give them a balanced meal but three times a day is a lot of work. I don't want to just fix what they will eat but yet I don't want to be a short order cook either. When I figure all the answers to my questions I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

That sounds like such a fun week! I have not seen the pool yet except for when we were in Fl. I'm too busy sleeping! ;) I didnt know about Daytona! You gonna do some beach reach? I'll call you soon if I can stay awake past 7! :/