Friday, June 20, 2008

Much is given


Today I woke up a blogger. I did a quick check of Amy's page to kinda see what she does each day. Parker is watching Little Einsteins and Mags is still asleep. She talked about something near and dear...frugal grocery shopping. I have been staying home two years now and the first year and a half were tight...very tight. Like snag a roll of Mom's toilet paper before going home tight. Like qualified for WIC. Glory to God we survived and always had more than enough. Already I am thankful for that time...and in a weird way kinda miss it. (not too much) But it made everything a mission. I remember thinking how much money we wasted while I was working if I could feed our family for about $60 a week. My friends all joked about it and asking how we did it. I need to get back to that mentality and be a better steward. .."To whom much is given much is expected." Well I will give some of those ideas later but back to this morning. Parker came to me and said Im hungry. I bought a single serve pancake mix this week and fresh blueberries (I am constantly trying to find SOMETHING healthy this kid will eat) Together we made pancakes. I couldn't find my camera till they were eaten. I'm not convinced he loved them without syrup but since we did it together he was his usual enthusiastic self saying "mmm...thats good" with a not to convincing look. I think they needed a little sugar or something. Maggie is awake so here is a pic and I will see you later!
Nat

No comments: