Thursday, June 19, 2008

My first post


I feel like I have should have something big to say here but I guess I can just introduce The Cole's...est. 2002



My husband... Jer as I like to call him. Could be short for Jerome (all HSU alumni) or Jeremy for any others. We are more alike than we would like to admit...except he is such a boy. He is in a job God faithfully gave him to support us so I could stay home. He is great at what he does and sometimes even likes it. He is my leader and constant support. He NEVER makes me feel bad about myself in anyway. My favorite thing about him besides his broad shoulders and barrel chest is he truly loves God and wants the best for his family.

Parker...Where to begin. He is my snaggle tooth three year old. Yes, he is already missing a tooth from a run in with the hardwood floor. He loves puzzles and pizza. Just recently realized he loves to swim. He would live outside if I would let him and play 'baseball team' all day. He is the "thrower" (not pitcher). My favorite thing about him besides the freckles on his nose and his tiny tush is his enthusiasm. He makes everything exciting.

Maggie....My Maggie. She is my kissable 1 year old. I can't help but want to eat her alive. She has been loud since the day she was born. In fact the nurse wouldn't let her stay in the nursury the night after she was born...too loud! I always wanted to be meek and gentle but never was. Doesnt look like Mags will be either! She is full of smiles and wants to talk so badly. She is independent...likes to eat by herself and even play by herself....nothing like Parker. Her expressions just make me smile. More often now she lays her head on my chest and my heart aches. My favorite thing about her besides her beautiful eyes and rubber band thighs is her love for me.

Me...I am a constant work. I want so bad to have it all together but then I wouldn't need Gods help so here I am. I try to be positive but.....you know. I try to be patient but....you know. I try to be quiet but....you know. I try to be neat and tidy and thin and prompt and kind and thoughtful but....you know. I hope to truly find out more about me. Here are some concrete things about me. I drive a mini van. Love it. I used to teach school. Didn't love it. I love spaghetti and laying out by any body of water with a good book. I like long baths and sad to say TV. I love getting Maggie out of her crib in the morning and Parker's spider long legs and arms wrapped around me tight. I love going on old people dates to Sam's with my hubby and talking bout our blessings over dinner somewhere alone. I love my stay at home mom friends in our below average housing neighborhood. I love calling around in the morning to see what the plan for the kids will be that day. I love dove chocolate and knowing I will get it on every holiday from Jer even though he knows I shouldn't;t. I love milk shakes from Chick fil A and watching shows about flipping houses every Saturday night with Jer. I love bows to match all Maggie's outfits and how she can put her legs in a perfect V in her car seat. I love when Parker goes on and on listing things out loud...so funny. Most of all I love my faithful God. Where I would have given up on me long ago God continues to bless me. I must give him all the glory for all I have in my life. I am so thankful and know that without his grace I would not be living the life I have.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the sweet mention in your first blog post! I love and miss you tons! Blogs are mucho fun! I love to read about Parkey and Mags. In response to your last post on my blog, yep I'm taking belly pics, but right now I should be taking butt/thigh pics if we wanna see something thats growing!

Amy said...

I somehow didn't realized until today that "The Cole's" comments on my blog were from YOU!! Dur.

Anyway, I'm putting your blog in my favorites list so I can see what you and your beautiful kiddos are up to.

And mainly I wanted to comment because this post made me cry. It is a beautiful reminder of all that I love so much and how blessed I am to be a mom at home with my boys. :)