Monday, June 30, 2008

Patiently waiting on patience

Today was going to be different. Better. I was not going to get frustrated when Parker cried. I really wasn't. It is not that he does it after one disappointment...but after everyone.
Ash and I took the boys with their trikes to the park. They both recently learned to peddle well and we thought it would be fun to ride the trails a bit. It was fine in the beginning but then Parker decided he wanted to ride Tate's trike. Parker's is much easier to ride with heavy rubber tires and a seat with a back. Tate being the black and white kinda guy he is just didn't see the need in that and flat out said no. "WAAA!!! But I want too!"
I quickly let him know that was not acceptable but that just sends him further over they edge. I told him to get back on his trike and lets go. He kept crying so I PUT him on his trike.
"I don't want to ride it!" I probably had a little angst in my voice and said "Let's go"
"No!" So then I swiftly removed him and spanked him. I can not tolerate a blatant disobedience. It just doesn't stop though. He whined he cried all through out the day. What's a mom to do about constant whining. I am at a constant battle of the mind. I am not afraid to spank don't get me wrong. I believe in it. It is what the bible teaches but, how do you discipline whining and crying. Do you consider them tantrums that they can turn on and off and are being defiant when they don't stop. Or is it something you ignore and hope it goes away (before all your friends stop wanting us for play dates). The bible says ''a child left to his own will cause a mother shame. '' That is why I find it hard to ignore. My frustration gets the better of me and sometimes makes it worse. I guess that is my time to whine. Pray that I will be more patient tomorrow. "Remain in me and I will remain in you" That's what HE said before listing the fruits of the spirit. Its the remaining part that is hard for me. I only get this chance once and don't want to mess up. Time is flying by and I just want to do the right thing.

No comments: