Thursday, August 7, 2008

Big hands



I often fear that I am not doing the right thing for my babies. But I want them to know I tried. I want them to know I care more about them then anything on this earth. Today has been a day I am proud of as a mommy. A day with the TV off and mommy unplugged from housework. We read book after book from the library and then played school. Parker learned to write the letter P with my help about a month ago but today he wrote them with no help or instruction. I was in awe. He is so smart. Then he wanted me to trace his hand...something they did in God's Big Backyard the other day. When he asked to trace my hand I said sure. Then he put his hand in the drawing of mine and asked me to trace it. Maggie woke up and he suggested we put Maggie's in the middle. Something about that just made my heart skip. Seeing my babies hands in mine reminded me how big I am to them. I want them to know they are safe in my hand only because of whose hand I am holding. I am so thankful to get to watch them grow. Let me not take any days for granted. Let me live each day thinking of them in my hand and my eyes on the Father. I don't have to have fear of the future if I pay attention today. I love you Lord and all the blessings in my life.

1 comment:

The "W" Family said...

The book is called Instant Bible Lessons for Preschoolers-ages 2-5 I bought it at Christian Book Outlet. It has been great.

I always relate to what's going on with you guys. It is hard to find that balance between spending time with kids, husband, housework, socializing, giving them opportunities, etc. etc. Those days you just get to enjoy your kids are priceless.