Friday, July 25, 2008

gimme a break

No really gimme a break. Let me tell all you out there that can spend 24/7 with your kiddos and never need alone time...I am envious of you. I got some (time alone :) last night while my dear hubby took care of the babies after a long day at work so I could help more at church. Sometimes I don't feel adequate enough to be a mom. I adore my kids more than anyone but I needed a break today. Maggie is teething something awful. She has developed these sore places in the corners of her mouth from drooling so much and Parker has been complaining about a sore in his mouth that I for the life of me can not locate. VBS is an olympic sized event at our church and I have spent all week with the kiddos at church. For the most part they enjoy it but when they are done...they are done. Between the random screams....why do they do that?....and just constant whining and crying I felt like setting sail to Outrigger Island!(VBS Theme) I am noticing a negative trend here. I think this is the third post where I am stressed about the kids. Let me end with a beautiful positive and I will be conscience to air at least 5 more 'my kids are the best posts' before I have another 'woe is me.' I was about to say I need to read ANYONE who blogs with a 'woe is me,' but I don't think that would be beneficial.
Beautiful part:
I went to Mardel's the other day and bought a precious devotional for Parker. I wanted something to read at bedtime with a little substance. He loves it. He looks forward to the next night just to read from his time with God book. We do a little review from the night before and read the bible story that goes with it. I love that little boy....I pray with all my heart he knows my love and eventually a love much greater than mine. Who can fathom?

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

What age do u have in VBS? I had 4 & 5 yr olds and my my I was exhausted afterwards! Its crazy!! Just look forward to that pool at our girls weekend! I do!