Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jesus Messiah


Well, I got back Friday from an amazing week in Daytona with the youth. I teach 10th grade girls and they are a great group. We got to hear Louie Giglio speak and Chris Tomlin lead worship. WOW! I actually lost my voice from singing so much. The first night Louie spoke about how big God is. If you have heard this talk before you know how amazing it is. He uses a reference in the word that says God holds the stars in his hand. He then gives all these facts about the size of stars compared to us...and that is just in our galaxy. I really was amazing and comforting at the same time. He talked about how Jesus came down. That it would have been simpler for God to make us try to come up...with actions, works, laws....but he didn't he came down. Then he spoke about finding a cause. This struck me. You know I get to convincing myself that having an average life raising my kids and such is okay and enough. I understand that I have something that others need. I am praying for my purpose. I have felt this desire come and go as I stay at home. I began teaching Sunday school again but I know I am to do more. I am also planning on memorizing more scripture. I need to hide his words in my heart that I may not sin against God. So far on the list....which will take a while is Colossians and Psalm 63. There is so much fun that I tell you about but I am going to stop right there. Maybe I will write more about it another day. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to go. So many of my friends could not have had the support to do something so full of blessing.

No comments: