Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parker and Maggie

New and exciting developments...well they are to me. Ha!

Maggie- I swear Maggie grew a foot while I was gone. She is so tall! She took her first steps!
Isn't that about right. I stay home with her for a year and miss the first steps. I know Judy didn't want me to know but it is okay.
Last night I carried her to bed and she kept repeating, "nigh nigh, nigh nigh" So smart!
We rode bikes in the street yesterday and last night. I had a blanket and a little push car for Maggie (yeah right) I look away and there she is. She crawled to Parker's big bike in the street and had one leg straight in the air trying to mount it.

Parker- Parker developed a southern accent while I was gone. He started saying there as
they-er and where is way-er.
Just to let you know he is so smart. Yesterday he was 'writing' on his magnadoodle and said he wrote his name. I took this as the perfect opportunity to teach him the letter P. We drew circles and sticks and put them together to make a p. His first P is hanging on our fridge.
Last night Jer had to work late so I took over at bedtime. I read Go Dog Go the night before and he wanted it again. I read it and then he said he wanted to read it. He read several pages from memory. The stop light says stop and he recognized it. I was so proud. I have worked with Kindergartners who couldn't do that.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I seem to remember that your mother in law has a little southern twang! I bet thats whey-er he got it! :)