Wednesday, July 23, 2008

long time...little done

Next week is vacation bible school. I always loved VBS as a kid and for some reason this is the first year I have volunteered to help. I must miss teaching in a tiny way because I love to decorate a classroom. Honestly that was about my favorite part of teaching....having the coolest room. Last night Parker and I went to church and left Mags with daddy. He was precious. Anything I asked him to do he said O...kay! in a very determined way. When we had done all we could do I told him we would come back in the morning. Sure enough this morning he comes running up to me as I fed Mags her breakfast. Eyes not even all the way open asking when we are going to church. His mother's day out was at church last year and his favorite part was packing a lunch to eat at 'school'. So we packed a lunch and headed to church. Seriously we were up there all morning and didn't leave till about 1:30. I hardly accomplished anything. It almost seems pointless trying projects with them but I want them to get used to being wherever... whenever. At this stage you just have to do a little at a time...all the time. I had a grateful moment as Maggie was screaming and Parker was blowing a whistle....no wait it was when they were both quietly eating lunch in the hut we made. I am so grateful to be able to do this. I am so grateful to be with them all the time. No matter how harry things get and how I am sure people were thinking why are you even trying....it is so much better being stressed about them than being stressed about someone elses kids and sad that your own kids are stressing someone else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i keep trying to leave you comments and it wont let me....im learning? i love little maggie and parker.....you should have let them come over here to play. but i would have made you leave the whistle in the van.